Home construction is such an exciting yet critical project that homeowners need to consider. One aspect that shouldn’t be neglected is the installation of your roofing system. The roof serves as a protection for your house and the entire household, which is why it has to be fully stable so that it can maintain the structural integrity of your home.
In this article, we will share three crucial factors to consider for your roof construction:
1. Roof design
In today’s market, you will find a wide range of roof designs that you can pull off for your construction project. Because of this flexibility of choice, you can determine an option that suits your house needs in terms of aesthetics and functionality. For your reference, here are a few designs for your consideration:
- Mono-pitch roof: This roof type has only one sloping plane which looks asymmetrical and ideal for a modern appeal.
- Duo-pitch roof: This roof type consists of two sloping planes meeting at the center to form a triangular shape. It’s considered to be the most common type among residential homes.
- Hip roof: This pitched roof is made of four equal parts with equal lengths, where all the sides meet at the corners, forming a ridge.
- Mansard roof: This roof type looks like a hip roof, but with a double slope on each side. Popular among French homes, it’s known for its elegant and elaborate design.
- Flat roof: This roof type appears flat but has slight pitches to shed water, widely used in commercial and industrial buildings.
2. External variables
Another vital consideration is to check the external variables in your area, which means looking beyond your house and inspecting the outdoor environment. Take note of the following:
- Weather condition: Extreme weather conditions can have a huge impact on the stability, durability, and longevity of your roofing system. This is why you should consider external forces, such as wind velocity, snow load, rainfall amount, and sun or UV rays. From there, you can decide on the best material to use to protect your roof from these natural forces.
- Neighborhood: The entire neighborhood and the surrounding area should be factored in as well. You have to inspect if there are surrounding trees, potential pests, and human trespassers that can compromise and damage your roof over time.
3. Overall cost
As with any project, your overall budget will determine your decision to install which type of roofing system for your home. There are several options to select in terms of costs, ranging from low-cost to mid-cost up to high-cost roofing materials. When deciding, the idea is to strike a balance between affordability and quality.
At this point, you now know that your roofing project plays a huge part in the overall safety of your home. To ensure a successful construction, consider the roof design, external variables, and the overall cost. With all these in mind, you will be able to hire the right roofing contractor for your needs. In doing so, remember to deal with a highly reputable roofing company that can bring out the best in your roofing system.
We’re one of the leading roofing contractors in Andover, MA. If you’re looking for a reputable company to turn your dream into a reality, get in touch with us today to see how we can help!